Friday, November 4, 2016

The language we all love

Do not treat me as a subject:
Yes! I shouldn't be treated like a subject, however I am taught as a subject in academic institutions. A language is a real life tool for communication. You need a language every time you need to communicate. Even you think in a language. So, if you want to master me, change your approach. Leave your bookish habits and start to use me in real situations.
I am not as hard as you think:
Believe me, I am not a hard language. Millions of people use me frequently. They do not have special skills to have a command on me. I have both, easy and difficult things in my grammatical structure, but it is with almost all languages of the world. Even your native language has some hard and easy elements. You do not realize it because you are a native of that language.
Use me:
Come on! Non-natives, start to use me without hesitation from today. if you learn me only without using me, you would never enjoy me like a native. Use whatever you learn every day. Learn from a child. He starts to speak every word and phrase he learns.
Try to have a native friend:
Try to visit a native country. If you are not able to do this, you can have a native friend with the help of social media too. Communication with a native is necessary to improving accent and pronunciation.
Have a great word power:
Many non-natives say that they stuck often when they try to say a sentence in me. One of the main cause of this problem is lack of word power. You do not enough words and expressions. Try to increase your word bank.
Read a lot and listen a lot:
A child learns a language with the help of listening only in initial stage. Later in school, he learns reading also. Therefore, listening and reading are essential for a non-native language learner. I advise you to read a lot and listening a lot for better improvement. One more thing, always use authentic material for reading and listening.
Writing is important also:
Writing in any language is an art; it is a natural skills. For a learner, writing in me, can be very effective tool. I understand that all people do not enjoy writing in a language, but nowadays, writing is a part of communication also in formal and informal situations. So, try to write something daily.
Enjoy me:
At the last, I would like to say, enjoy me. Do not take me as a challenge, as a battle and as a tedious task. I am enjoyable; every language is enjoyable. in fact, communication with other person is enjoyable.
I have more to tell, but I would tell you only, if you follow above given advices.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment